Saturday, November 7, 2009

If your happy and you know it...



OUR OH SO HAPPY BOY...
read on to see how it ends, uh-oh public breakdowns.
I should have known the temptation would be too great, an experience like no other, the paint job too alluring, the thrill of the ride...the POW, POW, POWERWHEEL!
We were standing in line at Walmart. Eric had the cart under control buying the essentials to a good nights sleep (children's grape-flavored motrin, and extra strength tylenol for me). I thought I'd let Little Man down out of the cart to amble about this store of wonder and delight. It had been a nice outing so far, full of strangers complimenting me on my personable, cutie-pie of a little boy. "He's so happy" had even been said on more than one occasion. And so, I reward this "so happy" little boy. I let him down out of the cart, his eyes widen, his stiff new-to-walking gait quickens, and he is climbing in the cab of the pinkest, purplest mini-truck I've ever seen. Oliver sits himself behind the very purple wheel and proceeds to drive like he's a 12 year old video gamer, only breaking to open and close the driver's side door every so often. He is hooked and I look up to see that Eric is already finished checking out, crap. We still have the grocery store to visit, so I decide that a clean break is all there is to do. I pick Oliver up and briskly start for the door, before I can even get 2 good steps away from the temptress, the writhing and the wailing begin. Oliver puts on a great show flailing his arms, which I know he's grown more of spontaneoulsy, and twisting about in my arms like a contortionist; it's wonderful. I know I hear more than one cashier say, ..."oh and he was so happy." And I can't but help notice that the Walmart Greeter doesn't tell me to have a nice evening.
Awesome Outing.
Proof that this story could be true, the fussy king of TheWild Things
Just a random tidbit:
It was hard to let go of our Wild Thing tail, it seemed a bit Eeyorish removing it the next day from Oliver's costume.











No comments: