Sunday, May 10, 2009

Goings Ons

These days it is far easier for me to think in lists rather than sentences. I suppose this is because I have lists circling in my head and jotted down somewhere of just about everything going on in our lives, a list of what to pack to take this summer and a list of what to pack up so it doesn't mildew over the next 3 months, a list or running summary of what Oliver has or hasn't eaten, a list of what Eric needs to get done before he journeys across the Atlantic, a constant list of people I need to write and say hello to...so here is a list of bits of us.

-Eric finished up exams.



-Oliver has discovered the joy of blowing spit bubbles and sticking out his tongue (he especially loves this during mealtime)



-I finished a book, A Severe Mercy



-Oliver slept until 6 o'clock for the second time in his life (only waking up once at 1 o'clock to eat a bit)



-Eric and I watched a movie, Last King of Scotland.



-My goal is to finish the 3 other books I have in rotation, The Gambler, World Without End, and Son of a Witch



-Oliver does this weird inchworm crawl, but only in his crib and only Eric has witnessed it.



-Eric and I both have enjoyed the weekend together, but it feels odd actually having him around to love and play with Oliver.



-Eric's discovered his favorite plant, the Fiddlehead Fern



-Oliver has discovered his favorite plant...to eat, the Dandelion



-Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury is one of my all time favorite books. (I have read it maybe 4, maybe 5 times)



-Eric is reading, Gossamer by Lois Lowry and The Stand by Stephen King. I think reading these two at the same time is interesting



-Oliver is reading, Goodnight Moon by Margeret Wise Brown and I Love You Stinky Face by somebody.



-Oliver likes to sit outside and play with twigs from the apple tree, swing under the apple tree, and sometimes while I am talking to our chinese neighbor who doesn't speak English eat the apple tree blossoms.



-and that is some of our goings ons.



-oh and I ate a ridiculous amount of chocolate today, Happy Mother's Day!
Oliver looking a bit concerned, probably because of the copious amounts of chocolate consumes by his mama

No comments: