Sunday, February 8, 2009

Thanks...And My Own Personal Grammy's

I think it appropriate to showcase the sounds coming from our house these days, seeing as I'm sitting here watching the Grammy's. (I love Justin Timberlake by the way.) And I'm able to sit and type and fiddle with videos and watch TV because Oliver is asleep, and he's been sleeping more and more...a quiet yea! enters my thoughts and escapes!
Being a mama or a papa has not been easy these past weeks with 4 hours of sleep being considered a luxury...and yes, I know that being a parent will never be something anyone describes as being easy, but seriously.
I want to thank the friends that have listened to the "get Oliver to sleep" plans or "he must be a vampire" logic for why Oliver wasn't sleeping. And thank you to those friends who have young children for not making me feel like I or my child were irrevocably messed up. (is irrevocably the word i want there?) Anyway, thanks for the support, the advice (only when I asked for it), and the love ya'll have for Oliver and me and Eric. Also, thank you dear friends for understanding that I'm not hibernating from ya'lls friendship when I don't call, I just have to have that hour to gather not my thoughts so much, but my breaths for the hours ahead. I love ya'll, and with sleep coming my way I look forward to refinding my friends and not just by stalking you on facebook.
I'll stop thanking my friends so I don't overdo it and make it all sound false. What is definately not false is the squeeling and the laughter of a 4 1/2 month old. Moments like the ones captured on these videos have made the past 20 weeks some of the best weeks we have lived.

No comments: